As a small U.K. business we have found it to be so important to help potential learners understand our terms and conditions. These have been put in place to support the learners as well as to ensure the longevity of our training college.
Training with Cheltenham School of Complementary Therapy & Beauty (CSCTB)
Terms and Conditions
Course provision may change throughout the year. Although we try to avoid changes to course dates, we reserve the right to alter them if absolutely necessary. If the minimum number of learners, for a course to be financially viable, have not booked onto a course we may need to cancel that date and offer an alternative. We aim to make decisions like this a minimum of 10 days before the start of a course.
Prices of training courses may change and this will be made clear in our website and booking site.
We plan carefully for the time you are learning with us and a good attendance record is key to your success. If you cannot attend a training session and you know in advance, we need to know this at the time of booking. If you are ill and unable to attend, we ask you to let us know as soon as possible, preferably with 24 hours’ notice.
It is not always possible to offer extra tuition for missed college time. We ask that where possible, you catch up with theory work at home. If further practical teaching is required this will be charged at £30 per hour in order to pay for additional tutor fees.
Many or our training courses consist of both practical and theoretical assessment. We comply with the Awarding Body’s assessment procedures and ensure that assessment is fair and reliable. Certificates will only be awarded if assessment is completed to a satisfactory standard. Some courses require completion of a multiple-choice written paper. If the pass mark is not successfully achieved on the first attempt CSCTB will provide a second opportunity free of charge. If a third attempt is required, this will be charged at £15 per paper.
Code of conduct:
Every learner must adhere to our code of conduct.
- Dress – We ask learners to dress according to professional guidelines. This includes a clean uniform, comprising of smart black trousers and a tunic or plain black t-shirt/top. Health and safety guidelines dictate the need for closed-toed shoes.
- Behaviour – Tutors and learners are expected to have a respectful relationship. Abuse is not tolerated. Professional communication is expected at all times.
- Time-keeping – It is essential to start learning at the planned time. We often arrange case studies to come into college and it is important that we project a professional image and keep to good time.
- Cleanliness – Professional guidelines state that a therapist should have hair tied back and be wearing no or little jewellery. Most courses also require medium-short nails with no polish. As a professional organisation, we adhere to these guidelines.
- Personal belongings – We provide small lockers for your valuables. CSCTB take no responsibility for your personal items whilst you at training with us. Any incidents of theft will involve the police.
Booking and Payment:
Once you have booked a place, paid your deposit/full payment and received a booking confirmation you have committed to training with us. Depending on the duration of the course, we offer payment by instalments. Payment plans will be provided in writing. Late payments may result in being asked to leave the course.
We understand that there are times when you need to cancel or postpone a course. We try our best to accommodate this but as a small business we also need to ensure that we can continue to operate. By booking onto a course you agree to the following:
- 1 or 2 day course – 14 days’ cancellation notice, in writing, is required. A minimum of 25% deposit is non-refundable.
- 3 days or more – 30 days’ notice is required, in writing, is required. A minimum of 25% deposit is non-refundable.
* If you wish to reschedule a course date (within the agreed notice period) we have the right to charge a £20 admin. fee for this.
If the course has begun – If you have started a course and decide not to continue, CSCTB are not required to refund any money. If paying in instalments, 100% of course fees are required. In order to protect CSCTB Legal action will be taken if course fees are not paid.
Course materials are copyright and must not be used in part or in their entirety in another teaching facility. Legal action will be taken if we are made aware of any case.
Photographs must not be taken whilst training, unless with the express permission of all attendees and the tutor.