About this course:
Looking to advance your skills in massage? Our Hot Stone Massage course is the perfect addition to your qualifications. This one-day course is suited to Level 3 Massage therapists who want to extend their knowledge in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Within your day of training with Cheltenham School of Complementary Therapy & Beauty, you will be taught how to use hot basalt stones and their tradition, as well as how to use them safely. This FHT-accredited course will allow you to offer an alternative massage treatment, perfect for clients with deeper aches and pains, or those who prefer heat and less painful treatments.
The hot stones used in this type of massage are known for their therapeutic properties, aiding muscle tension relief by warming the muscles and surrounding tissues.
This course is FHT-accredited, so at the end of the day when you have successfully completed the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. This qualification will be recognised by all major insurance companies so you can begin to use your new skills straight away!
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage for clients:
- Instant heat, providing a warm feeling for the client, can also aid relaxation
- An instant stress-reliever due to the sedating effect on the nervous system
- Allows for deep and even pressure
- Deep heat aids the alleviation of muscle tension and aches and pains
- Increases blood flow, thus bringing new oxygenated blood to tissues and removing waste products effectively
- Increases the flow of lymph, helping the body to rid itself of toxins and to aid the immune system
- Improved circulation of blood and lymph also improves skin tone and muscle health
- Localised rise in body temperature increases cellular metabolism (in that area)
- Encourages the client to ‘let go’ as eases tension
- Can be a much more effective treatment than a standard massage due to the heat and its effect on the body systems
General details regarding the course
- One-day training
- Running on Sunday 27th February
- Small group learning
- Accredited by Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)
- Internationally recognised
- Weekend training
Our Hot Stone Massage course costs £150 for the day of training. Our training centre is situated in the heart of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, in the middle of the Cotswolds and easily accessible from areas such as Oxfordshire, Herefordshire, Bristol and Birmingham.
You must have a Level 3 qualification in Massage to enrol on this course as it is for existing therapists only.
To book your place on or 1-day Hot Stone Massage course, please visit https://bookwhen.com/reflexologyandmassage/e/ev-siqc-20220227100000