Cheltenham Reflexology and Massage are proud to offer two First Aid at Work qualifications:
First Aid at Work – 3 day course
Emergency First Aid at Work – 1 day course
See our course dates here
We also offer the Annual Refresher Course that is suggested by the Health and Safety Executive in order to maintain currency of First Aid skills.
The First Aid at Work courses at Cheltenham School of Complementary Therapy and Beauty courses are accredited by VTCT (Vocational Training and Charitable Trust) and are recognised by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). On successful completion of the course at our Cheltenham venue, you will receive a certificate that qualifies you to provide first aid for 3 years.
It is recommended by the HSE that every business completes an assessment of their first aid provision and needs. The HSE also suggests that the self-employed at least consider the equipment needed in order to help themselves if an accident occurs.
You don’t need to be in a business in order to partake in First Aid training. We feel passionately about spreading First Aid skills. If you came across a person who had stopped breathing would you know what to do? Could you get a person’s heart started? Would you be able to use a defibrillator to massively improve a person’s chance of living? Just one day of training can provide you with these life-saving skills.
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is often the qualification that low risk business environments choose for their employees. Qualifications are valid for 3 years.
This 1-day course in Cheltenham includes the following:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
Know how to:
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use an automated external defibrillator;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
The First Aid at Work course in Cheltenham involves 3 days of face-to-face training. This training covers everything in the Emergency First Aid at Work course, plus 12 more hours of knowledge. Qualifications are valid for 3 years.
The syllabus includes:
Understand how to administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- chest injuries;
- burns and scalds;
- eye injuries;
- sudden poisoning;
- anaphylactic shock;
Recognise the presence of major illness including:
heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes and provide appropriate first aid for the above conditions
The Annual Refresher First Aid Course includes training on:
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is non-responsive (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
If you would like to find out more about attending First Aid at Work training courses in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, please contact us on 01242 255440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org