Frequently Asked Questions
Cheltenham School of Complementary Therapy & Beauty
Below are some of the more common questions our trainees have. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if your query isn’t answered below. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and to discuss your individual requirements.
Where is the training held?
In an amazing Grade II Listed building situated in Cheltenham Town Centre. See the About Us section for details.
Do you have parking?
We have a limited number of parking spaces. For weekend and evening courses we can usually accommodate student parking for free. For daytime courses we would ask that you use the public car park, 1 minute walk away, costing under £6 per day.
Can I work as a therapist after I have completed a therapy qualification with Cheltenham School of Complementary Therapy & Beauty?
We take pride in offering accredited courses at the correct levels in order for you to get everything you need to offer your services professionally after course completion.
How long are the courses?
The courses vary in length, depending on what is being studied. We offer enough face-to-face time with students in order for them to be competent. Diplomas are often delivered over a 9 month period.
How can I pay for a course?
There are several options:
- Full payment before the course begins – This can be in cash, bank transfer, cheques or card. For card payments there is a 2% charge as this is what the bank charges us.
- Instalments – Arrangements differ, depending on the length of the course. For longer courses, full payment must be made 2 months before the final training day.
- Monthly direct debit – An initial deposit is required and then the second payment is due on the first day of training. The remainder of the course fee is payable on an agreed date of each month.
Can I pay for my course with training loans/24+ loans?
No, unfortunately not. You generally need to be a very large establishment with a large turnover in order to take training loans.
How do I secure a place on a course?
You are asked to complete a booking form. You will also be asked to attend a face-to-face or telephone interview. If we feel that your chosen course is right for you, you will be asked to pay a deposit to secure your place. This is non-refundable and so you should be sure at this point that you would like to go ahead.
Am I too old or too young to start a course?
Our minimum student age is 18 years. As a private college, our students tend to be aged 30-60 years.
How many students are there in each class?
We specialise in small class tuition. Class size is dependent on the course offered. We have a maximum of 4 students of our Hot Stone Massage Course and up to 12 students in some others. We often teach courses with 4-6 students.
What qualifications do the tutors have?
All tutors are:
- qualified in the subjects they teach
- experienced in practicing the therapy they are teaching about
- qualified in teaching
- qualified assessors
- up-to-date with continuous professional development