Our Massage with Power course is the first in our series of Deep Tissue Massage training. In this course we focus on the position of the client and therapy table and the posture of the therapist. Using these concepts as a basis we are able to practise using our body weight to improve depth of massage as well as preserve the therapist’s hands and joints. This is a must for any therapist who is aiming for longevity, as back pain and wrist issues are the biggest cause of massage therapists having to stop working.
This Massage With Power course will teach you how to:
- Move in an effective way to enhance the depth and fluency of massage
- Question your working posture, receiving 1:1 feedback from the tutor
- Adapt techniques when hands get tired and to prevent damage
- Work whilst supporting your wrist, to avoid damage
- Start to use hands-free massage, using your forearm across the back
- Consider the height of the massage table and to adjust as you develop deeper techniques
- Pace yourself so you are able to offer more massages in one day without feeling fatigued
The majority of the day will be spent developing back, neck and shoulder massage, in a way that your clients will love! This deep massage course is almost 100% practical, providing you with opportunities to feel the techniques as well as practise them.
- Delivered over 1 day
- 5 CPD points
- Pre-requisites: Level 3 Massage qualification
- Weekday or weekend training
- Small group training
- Generous learning support
- Accredited by FHT
- Training in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- Central location with access from Worcestershire, Oxfordshire, Birmingham
Dates and Prices
- To see prices and training dates click here